August 11, 2009

Barbeque restaurant likely source of Salmonella contamination.

More than 20 people recently became ill from food poisoning in Tennessee, USA, with some having to be hospitalized.

The infections have been linked to food from a local restaurant, which has voluntarily closed while Health Department officials carry out an investigation on the source of the bacteria. Salmonella is known to make its way from animal feces to food, causing digestive difficulties that in severe cases can be fatal.

We pray for the victims’ soon recovery as we look forward to the day when such illnesses from animal products no longer exist and all sentient beings
protected through humanity’s switch to the organic vegan diet.

No comments: